Monday, March 2, 2009

Balance

So, I spent the better part of the last week and a half cleaning and unpacking, and then stopped and rested, while keeping things at an acceptable level, and I'm pleased. I've come to realize that I have less patience for clutter than I thought, but I have far more than most people, and that, so long as I'm okay with my surroundings (along with everyone else who happens to share them), that's fine. So no, it's not going to be immaculate here from here on out - that's been my mistake on previous cleaning binges. I've decided to aim for and maintain a manageable level of clutter rather than aiming for perfection, which generally leads to a couple of weeks of clean and then months or years of neglect.

Nah. It's going to still be pretty cluttered here, but it'll be liveable, and it'll be at a point where I could have people in at any given point. What people think of your residence is irrelevant since they, ultimately, don't live there, and besides, I don't know anyone I would invite in who would be freaked out or shocked at the fact that I am not a fantastic housekeeper. I have walkways, clean dishes, and most stuff is put away. Score.

So, balance.

I'm in a rather terse bout; I'm finding communication to be more efficient but colder, and that probably will cause a reduction in blogging, because, frankly, utilitarian communication is not the point of blogging - especially not with my usual style. It's taxing for me to take any interest in my inanimate surroundings at all, so I think that contributes, and hopefully I'll get used to it. Either way, I see no reason not to leave clothes hampers with clean clothes in them in the living room, because that leads to things like this picture:


Also, it gives me time to make things like this:


And I love puzzles - especially Goddess-y ones. So, yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment