Thursday, June 25, 2009

VNV Nation

I am going to be useless until I work their new CD out of my system.

Does anyone reading this have a favorite musician who moves them so that, essentially, the whole world stops for them whenever there is a new release? Every time they release a new CD I pretty much lock myself up, listen, and cry until it's worked out of my system, and I mean that in every good way.

Edit: Michael Jackson just died, and I think the reason that makes me so sad (aside from the fact that he has family who will be grieving him and that his life was tragic) is that there are so many people who felt the way about him that I do about VNV, and right now that's close to the heart. He brought so much joy to so many people.

Oddly enough, this song is the one I think about whenever I think about him - it just seems to fit more than the awesomeness of Thriller or Billie Jean. He always seemed melancholy to me, and Stranger in Moscow seems to fit how sad he always seemed.

RIP, and thank you, Michael, for making so many people feel so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment