I've been spending the past half-week or so cleaning the house, and I'm about to tackle the dining room, which is full of stuff I have not unpacked (literally - I will have to start at the entrance and move on back because it is impassable).
So I haven't been much fun this week, which is okay with Morgan because she has just run circles around the living room and enjoyed all of the space that has opened up; I'm really going to try to keep it this way. And we haven't played or snuggled much; it's ended up where I put the podcasts on speakers so that I could listen to them and let Morgan be around me while I cleaned. She's just wanted to follow me around nonstop this week, and has been a little frustrating because of the level of focus things like cleaning require of me.
So I'm taking a break, sitting here right now, and Morgan climbed up into my lap and promptly started to fall asleep (she's getting better at knowing her body and when it is time for it to quit). I roused her and asked if she wanted to go to bed, and she adamantly and said no, and then burst into half-asleep tears. I asked her why and she said she wanted to "nuggle Mommy." Poor kid hasn't gotten much time with my attention lately, and just wanted to sleep in my lap.
So I figure I can at least hold her here, sleeping, in my lap, until her bedtime (8:00), because she wanted to nuggle Mommy, and it's mutual, so. Sweet girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment