Saturday, January 31, 2009

For the Lord

I am lucky to have had so many wonderful men in my life, because it could be seriously bad if I hadn't. Seeing the nastiness that a lot of men have done, having experienced that nastiness, seeing the disgusting nature of privilege and the blinders it puts on people (and I have my own privilege blinders that I try not to let stop me from seeing my own advantages), I have known so many men who are so kind, and loving, and gentle, that I cannot forget that there is a God, just as there is a Goddess, and that both embody so many things that neither can be reduced to a simplistic archetype. My desire to work with Goddess-focused spirituality does not diminish my gratitude for the wonderful Green Man I am marrying (INXP), for the thoughtful Thoth-like nature of my father (IXTJ), or even for my exiled son (and perhaps that song will explain why I simply do not have the heart to celebrate Yule, and don't know if I ever will again - the archetype of the mother awaiting the return of her son hits too close to home; the Goddess is luckier than I).

So here's to the God, and to the Goddess, for allowing me this positive influence that I might not seek Her out in bitterness.

No comments:

Post a Comment