Last night, in a dream, the details of which are blurry, someone was reading a poem to me, and it started with the line, "I long for morning for all."
I started weeping uncontrollably, howling, because it hit such a nerve. I woke up shortly after that, I think because I was so upset in the dream that it unsettled me physically. I don't remember any of the rest of the dream, but, as I woke up, I told myself not to forget the words, and I didn't.
It was like those dreams in which you have a sudden loud, booming voice, stating truth out of nowhere. Some people call it divine intervention, and others say that it is the subconscious stating something that is so integral to the individual that it cannot go without stating, even if it has to be said in a dream. (I say it's the subconscious, of course, but to each their own.) I love that it was in a poem.
I long for morning for all, ache for justice, am consumed by the desire for a world in which all people have the same opportunity. I burn for morning, a fresh beginning, a sunrise, for everyone.
How strange and wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment