to the post I made about the asshat marital rape apologist-in-disguise, while I expressed that it's perfectly normal for a woman to have a healthy, even a *gasp* MANLIKE sexual appetite (because a strong sex drive is the province of men only, obviously, and women should be characterized solely in comparison to men), by the same token, I didn't mean that EVERY woman is, or has to be that way.
I thought about that reading this. Just to clear things up, not everyone's the same, and that's more what I was getting at with that post, but with the caveat that, in my experience, most of the women I have known have had sex drives that were considered beyond the pale societally, and most of the sexual power struggles I have seen in relationships are between women who want more and men who don't (and no, it shouldn't be a power struggle anyway). I can count on one hand the number of relationships I've seen where it's reversed.
Maybe that has something to do with the fact that I was in the Marine Corps and the women there might have a higher testosterone concentration on average than women in the civilian population? Just for an ass-pull, there, but, even so, I've seen this play out in the civilian world more often than not.
Either way, just as an addendum, I did mean moreso that different women have different sex drives and it isn't indicative of dysfunction so much as uniqueness. It was simply expressed with frustration at how little women who actually like sex are accounted for (outside of pornography).
No comments:
Post a Comment