Monday, December 29, 2008

Positive and Negative

Life flows in cycles for me, for everyone, I believe, although perhaps as a female I am more acutely aware of those cycles.

That would be the way that I will explain what will seem to be changes of tone in my blog posts. I know there's a lot of negative sometimes, whether it's triggered by outside sources or simply part of the natural progression of things.

I'm sorry for when it's negative. In all fairness, I do believe that the negative has a place in life, and that all things must be balanced - we must acknowledge shadow aspects of ourselves in order to be aware of both the contrast to the brighter tendencies and of our capability to lapse into our less positive tendencies.

Then again, at the same time, our shadow has its place. Not only are we not entirely composed of sweetness and light, but neither is life, and sometimes a proportionate response to things is necessary. Sometimes fighting back is an answer, or not only feeling negative feelings, but expressing them in order to bring resolution to a situation. Sometimes ancestral hurts need to be addressed to be healed.

I try to remain aware of my tendency to spiral into negativity whenever I allow myself to delve into it at all - however, fortunately enough, at this point in my life, I have enough positive influences in my life to counterbalance this, largely composed of the people in my life. I am grateful that I am blessed to have the company of people I care about, both to be positive influences through their mere presence and through their conversation and insights into life. As an introvert, sometimes it is far too easy to fall into the trap of isolating myself and thusly allowing my morbid tendencies to overwhelm everything else.

Everything in moderation, perhaps even the blog. When it gets to be too much, just skip that day - I'm mercurial; I'll get back to goodness eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment